What comes to your mind when you see a dinosaur-themed nursery? Surely, the word “cute” isn’t enough to describe it. While most parents go for cartoon-inspired baby stuff, there are also those who opt for the classic pre-historic reptiles as the motif for the baby’s room. Often, they start with a dinosaur crib bedding to set the mood for other items to be incorporated in the nursery.
But what makes the dinosaur crib bedding a popular choice among expecting parents? Here are some reasons why:
- Fun designs – Before, the Jurassic creatures were portrayed in films as gigantic, intimidating reptiles that wreak havoc in the city. Blame it on their inherent physical characteristics, which include sharp teeth, long claws, and huge horns. Thankfully, with the increasing popularity of several animated series that center on amiable creatures, dinosaurs have made their mark on the children’s entertainment map. They are now one of their favorite characters on television.
Today’s depiction of dinosaurs has changed from frightening animals to adorable and friendly creatures. You can now see them as charming creatures worthy of being friends with youngsters. Just look at how successful the Barney series has become — it has inspired many child-oriented shows and spin-offs that feature the pre-historic reptiles. These have made it easier for dinosaurs to be considered a motif for many nurseries these days.
Most of the designs available for dinosaur-themed crib beddings include cartoonish T-Rex and triceratops among many other species of the giant reptiles. They are either printed or embroidered on the fabric.
- Versatility – While there are those who argue that dinosaurs are a design theme for the boys, there are still parents who consider this motif as a unisex option. But in case you would like it to be gender-specific, there are a wide variety of dinosaur-themed crib beddings that will surely capture the desired atmosphere for the nursery. Parents who have known the gender of their baby ahead of birth may take their pick from a color scheme from which the other baby items may follow suit. For a baby boy, it is recommended to choose color schemes that are “masculine” enough, such as blue and green. As for baby girls, it is suggested that pink and other shades of red would be a good choice. Those who choose to not undergo an ultrasound to know the gender of their baby may safely opt for neutral hues such as beige, brown, and gray.
- Uniqueness – Opting for a dinosaur theme for the nursery is a breath of fresh air as it sets itself apart from the more popular motifs such as floral, nautical, and cartoon-inspired characters. Unbranded crib bedding that features dinosaurs is a great option if you would like the nursery to have a unique feel.
- Affordability – Being mostly unbranded, many dinosaur crib beddings are available at a fraction of the price of the big names in baby products. But this is not to say that the quality of the beddings is sacrificed. It is only that there are those manufacturers that feature nameless dinosaur characters yet are as adorable as their more known counterparts.
As a child, you might probably have been fascinated with dinosaurs: those teeth-baring, humongous creatures that either walk with two or four feet or fly like an albatross. You have been acquainted with them for as long as you can remember. But now that you’re already grown up and have a child of your own, don’t you think it’s cool to instil the same fascination in your baby? Yes, even in their infancy, babies can emulate your interests as they grow and it is better to start with them this early when all they can see is cute little dinosaur prints around the nursery. And a good starting point to introduce your little one to the wonderful world of the pre-historic era would be through dinosaur crib bedding.
You might be wondering: Aren’t dinosaurs too scary for such a young age? Not anymore, at least according to manufacturers of baby products. With the cartoons nowadays which are saturated with both cute and odd creatures and which are the main sources of inspiration for most baby items, there’s no reason to not consider dinosaurs as a motif for the nursery. Companies specializing in baby products have made the fearsome reptiles “child-friendly” through softening their features with cartoon-like illustrations. Even the mascot Barney is made to look sociable. Hence, you can be sure that your baby is in good company with the now-adorable dinosaurs.
Another question: Isn’t the dinosaur motif reserved only for boys? Well, it used to be that way until recently, when most parents have started adopting unisex themes such as animals and food. Therefore, it wouldn’t matter whether you have a boy or a girl or even both; you can use dinosaur crib bedding and other similar baby stuff just like any other themes for babies.
Most dinosaur-themed beddings for infants are available in a variety of colours. If you still want to make the atmosphere in the nursery specifically for a baby boy, you should opt for cooler hues such as blue and green or a combination of both. For girls, you cannot go wrong with pastel hues such as pink, yellow, and even a soft orange. As for those who would like to go the neutral route, there are also those bedding sets in earthy colours such as brown and beige.
Often, the dinosaur icons in crib beddings are either embroidered or printed on the fabric. Both are ideal for your baby but only if the materials used are hypoallergenic. The most preferred material is cotton and other similarly soft fabrics. It is important to note that there is a possibility that printed icons may contain traces of lead and latex; hence, you should make sure that the bedding is safe for babies.
Many manufacturers of dinosaur-themed crib beddings have also created accessories that you can incorporate into the nursery. There are bedding packages that include a matching blanket, bumper, pillowcases, and crib skirt. Even mobiles are made to complement the bedding for the crib. Of course, these mobiles are composed of different kinds of dinosaurs such as the T-Rex, the triceratops, and the brontosaurus. You just have to work the theme around the dinosaur crib bedding by adding items in the nursery such as dinosaur stuffed toys and the like.
You must have heard of Barney by now. Children all over the world love this purple dinosaur quite a bit. This has made the dinosaur a phenomenon. For this reason, a dinosaur crib bedding is something that has quickly grown in popularity all over the globe since children generally love dinosaurs.
If you are shopping around for a dinosaur bedding, you will be pleased to learn that they are available in a wide variety of designs that will certainly be appropriate for your babies. So, you can shop for colorful and funny looking dinosaurs. They generally smile and grin away. The whole point of having the gorgeous designs is to make makes have an interest in the bright colors. Furthermore, it helps arouse the interest of children in shapes. So, it greatly helps them recognize and identify different shapes.
When buying for your child the bedding, you should remember to choose cotton. The most important factor to take into consideration is the hypo-allergenic aspect. So, even if you are choosing a dinosaur themed bedding for your child, you need to make sure that the material used for producing the bedding is fully synthetic. Even so, you will realize that most dinosaur themed bedding meant for kids are made using synthetic materials which makes them adequate.
If you are looking for a whimsical type of bedding, then you should look no further than the dinosaur crib bedding. The fact that it can additionally be used in a girl’s nursery makes it greatly appealing. It can be used to make a nursery have a happy look. The variety currently available is simply amazing. So, you can rest assured knowing you can rely on the wonderful dinosaur theme for your child’s room decor. With a dinosaur themed crib bedding, you can easily pique your baby into thinking creatively with beautiful shapes and colors.
If you are planning to buy crib set for your kid, there are thousands of options available in the market. Selecting the right product for your kid is difficult because you have to consider several elements before buying a set. Some important elements you must consider include the fabric, design and the color scheme of the set. Dinosaur crib bedding is a popular crib set theme for kids. Here are a few things you must consider when buying this crib bedding set.
Design and Style
The design and style of the bedding set you buy must compliment the decor of the nursery. If you aware of your baby’s gender; make sure you buy a set of the appropriate color and style. Also, the bedding set you buy must be appropriate for use with the baby crib. The bedding set must include crib bumpers that protect your child when they hit against the bars of your bed. Avoid buying a bet set that includes extra pillows and covers as they increase the risk of choking.
The dinosaur crib bedding set you get must be made using high quality material. If you buy cheap bedding set, the sheets won’t hold up through numerous washes. Buy bedding sets that are made using good quality cotton because they are durable and comfortable. You could buy Egyptian cotton set because it prevents your baby from coming in contact with harmful dyes and chemicals.
Where to Buy
It is a good idea to buy the complete set from one store. This will allow you to buy bedroom accessories that match your crib sheets from the same store. Some additional items you could buy include blankets, bumpers, and bed skirts. The bedding set and accessories are usually available at a local baby store. If you don’t find what you are looking for in the local store, you can buy them online. When you buy online, you select bedding set from a wide variety of options which you may not possible in the local store.
- Buying Hand-Me-Down Baby Outfit
- The Big Stuff Baby Products
- Your Baby’s Crib Bedding
- Your Basic Checklist for Baby Products
- Choosing Your Baby’s Crib Bedding